Owain Glyndŵr Workshop
Owain Glyndŵr Workshop, to coincide with the short film Owain Glyndŵr - The Rebel Prince of Wales
Workshop price - £85
For up to 30 KS2 pupils
Fun filled drama workshop to reinforce the children's knowledge of the Owain Glyndŵr's story. Using a series of interactive games, with the emphasis, throughout the 45 minute workshop, on language, oracy and collaboration, it will be a fun and creative way to raise the pupils' confidence whilst learning about one of Wales' heroic characters.
- Activity 1Warm up using key words from the show e,g Hero; Success; Cruel and Jealous.
- Activity 2Follow the King. An opportunity to work in small groups. One pupil will take on the role of King whilst others follow him/her. The King will change every 2/3 minutes. They will read simple sentences and get the opportunity to perform as King. A pack of words will be provided beforehand.
- Activity 3Objects from the show. A game where the pupils have to spot items on the screen relevant to the show, then describe their importance e.g the Pennal Letter; King Henry's Crown; Glyndŵr's sword; 1404, and a map of Wales.
- Activity 4Who's who ? Name all the characters in the Owain Glyndŵr's story, and then guess who's who. A group activity. A game that will use adjectives to describe characters. A pack of words will be provided beforehand.
- Activity 5Whispers. Split the class into two groups. A sentence will appear on the screen for an individual from both teams. They will need to whisper the sentence from one child to the next, until the last person has heard the sentence. They will need to say out loud what they have heard.
- Activity 6Q & A. An opportunity for the pupils to interview Owain Glyndŵr, or the actor Gwion Aled. They can ask questions about Owain Glyndŵr's life, or an actor's life. Pupils are welcome to prepare questions beforehand.